Companions forum

19 year old female looking for a travel buddy all over SE asia in april!

• scl

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2010

Hello! I am a 19 year old Canadian female who plans to go to SE asia in April. I was thinking start in Indonesia or philipines, then head all the way up through vietnam/cambodia/laos/thailand/malaysia/singapore and end up in India. Maybe 5 months or so? I dont really have a plan yet, havnt book flights yet - going to do it last minute.

Yeah, Then coming back down to Australia till december, then going back home.

I am currently in Australia, arrived in January, and was in NZ a month before that. Im travelling with a friend from back home but she doesnt have enough money to go to asia... maybe she will work down in aus while i go to asia and she'll meet up.

But i definately dont want to go to asia myself!

feel free to contact me! my email is scl-@hotmail.com

:)

#1 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 18:29

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

If you don't do anything stupid or funky, it's actually reasonably safe to travel here on your own. I would rather travel on my own than with someone I met on the net.

#2 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 20:02

• francesstel-
    la

Click here to learn more about francesstella
    Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2009
    Location Italy

I have to agree with Mac.

When I visited Thailand last year I'd arranged to meet a friend in Bangkok a week after my arrival. I'd expected to spend that week mooching around feeling a bit lonely but, au contraire, I quickly found my footing & met some really good people. As it turned out my friend & I had very different travel tastes (partying vs chilling out), we parted ways & each continued our trip with different groups of ppl we'd met on the road. In hindsight, I wouldn't hesitate a second going to SEA solo - you just gotta remember that there are tons of other travellers in your same boat.

Take care!
    FSH

#3 Posted: 18/2/2010 - 02:47

• johnroger

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2010

Hey,

I will be getting into Vietnam in early June and plan to try and see Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, and Cambodia before I head home around the end of August. Nothing really set in stone, just trying to have the most enjoyable summer I can.

I'm a 23 y/o male graduate student in Hawaii. Looking to get a nice mix of the typical tourist traps and tours, get off the beaten path a little, and definitely party quite a bit.

I'm probably in a similar situation... everyone telling me now to worry because it will be a breeze meeting people, but it sure would be nice to have some people to meet up with.

Take care.

#4 Posted: 25/3/2010 - 16:33

• Jbarry

Joined Travelfish
    11th March, 2010

Hi,
    I'm Jason and I'm leaving Chicago tomorrow morning (April 6th) to fly into Bangkok. I'm 34 and was planning on backpacking through Thailand and a bit of Cambodia for the next couple weeks. I was thinking of taking a train to Ankor Wat and then coming back to Thailand to go to Ko Samuei and Ko Phi Ngan as well Chaing Mai. If your interested in travelling a bit together, it's always more fun to share the adventure. I will check the message board whenever I can and maybe we can meet up. I'm ariving in Bangkok the night of the 7th.
    Jason

#5 Posted: 6/4/2010 - 03:37

• aishamc

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2010

I am an 18 year-old American female and I'm also looking for a travel companion. I am living in Thailand and will be traveling to Cambodia around the 30th of April to renew my visa. I was planning on taking a two day stop in Angkor and possibly Phnom Penh. I thought about going down to Lazy Beach (here is the link: http://www.lazybeachcambodia.com/Home.html) I speak Thai fluently, if that makes you any more inclined to travel with me.

#6 Posted: 16/4/2010 - 17:42

• jthomps

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2010

Hey there,

A Canadian named Jordan here traveling SEA for about 2 months starting in April. Likely going to do Vancouver->Hong Kong->BKK->North Thailand->Laos->Cambodia->BKK->South Thailand->BKK->Shanghai.

May be meeting up with a few fellow Canadians from back home enroute, you're free to join us if you'd like.

Cheers,
    Jordan

#7 Posted: 17/4/2010 - 11:34

• nishantk

Joined Travelfish
    26th October, 2010

it is always saner to go on travel on one's own...finding buddies on net isn't a bad proposition, however there are difficulties some times...

Be careful especially considering the prevailing scenario...

#8 Posted: 28/10/2010 - 20:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
19 year old looking for travel buddy for SE asia! ... By scl on 4 Jun 2010 3 2129 10 Jun 2010
27/F Aussie starting travels in March. Keen to see all of SE Asia. Looking for female travel buddy. ... By lisab2012 on 22 Jan 2012 19 1653 8 Feb 2012
Female travel Buddy needed -- November 12 to 19 ... By PKRvirus on 19 Jul 2013 0 886 19 Jul 2013
19 y.o female looking for travel buddy to Hong Kong! ... By iasked on 12 Nov 2010 1 1581 12 Dec 2010
Female Travel buddy - Thailand Trip - November 12 to 19 ... By PKRvirus on 18 Jul 2013 0 460 18 Jul 2013
solo female traveler- itinerary help and possible travel buddy ... By cmb2 on 27 Jun 2013 2 1221 13 Jul 2013
travel budy for 29 yr old female...BKK to Bali..Feb 11 to begining of april ... By mayahmedny on 30 Dec 2010 8 2060 9 Feb 2011
TRAVEL BUDDY VIETNAM APRIL ... By kakakaka on 6 Nov 2012 0 1682 6 Nov 2012
travel buddy wanted for april/may ... By ricardo4 on 7 Mar 2013 6 1999 24 Apr 2013
24, F looking for female travel buddy Bangkok - Siem Reap crossing in the next week! ... By debaserr on 5 Apr 2011 0 1990 5 Apr 2011