Companions forum

Travel companions, SE Asia, March - May

• magella82

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2009

Hey there,

I'm a 27 year old Australian female looking for some company during my travels. I've decided to wing it, so don't really have an itinerary as such, just some vague plans and several places that I'm interested in going! I'm getting a wee bit anxious about travelling on my own... I arrive in Bangkok on the 9th of March and ideally I'd like to go from thailand to Cambodia, then to Vietnam, eventually making my way to Laos and back down to Bangkok. If any of these plans tickle your fancy (not in a rude way, gosh) let me know.

Thanks!

Elle

#1 Posted: 17/2/2010 - 15:20

• Advertisement

• francesstel-
    la

Click here to learn more about francesstella
    Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2009
    Location Italy

Hey Elle! I'm so jealous of you, this time last year I was getting geared up for a trip very similar to yours. I was sailing solo too & felt a bit worried about it but I was surprised how many other lone travellers I met along the way - most of us stuck together on & off for the whole 3 months & are still very good friends. I'm sure you will have a similar experience so I hope you don't get too worried if you set off without agreeing to meet a travel buddy. I wish someone had told me that! :)

Take care & have a fantastic time!
    FSH

#2 Posted: 17/2/2010 - 23:52

• walrusmedic

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2010

well not really travelling a lot.. but doing a quick samui get away 11-14 march if you are up for it.

#3 Posted: 22/2/2010 - 15:47

• SpenceH

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Longtail Drive - i'm doing pretty much the same route - only I touch down in BKK 16th March.....
    Like yourself - i'm doing it solo and its nerve racking - but exciting. I wouldnt mind meeting fellow travellers when I arrive to help me "settle in" shall we say - and then from there - well just go with the flow...

Anyone interested email me

Spencer_holl@hotmail.co.uk

#4 Posted: 28/2/2010 - 03:45

• wanderlust

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2010

Hi,
    I am planning a trip to mostly to the South of Thailand as well, mid march to mid april (ie Krabi - Ao Nang?, Ko Lanta, maybe Ko Samui plus liveaboard dive trip in Andaman Sea). 40 year old German expat from US (but look and act at least five years younger), would love a travel buddy for some parts of the trip or meet people there, ie wanna go to Cambodia to Angkor Wat as well, probably only a couple days. Love to explore spiritually and physically, not too big on excessive partying, but generally openminded and easy to get along (ie also curious about the full moon parties).

Send me a msg if interested or post any tips for itinerary (ie nice cheap beach huts where i can write?).

My rough plan so far looks like this:
    March 17th or so
    LAX - BKK
    Krabi area
    Andaman Sea liveaboard for 3 or 4 days in Similans (survived the Tsunami on one such boat and wanna go back badly, in part to support and see how they recovered)
    Ko Lanta?
    Ko Samui?
    Angkor Wat
    BKK
    return April 21 or so

JB

#5 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 04:37

• wanderlust

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2010

PS - dunno yet if this forum allows PMs, but u can email JBfilms123@yahoo.com

#6 Posted: 5/3/2010 - 04:38

• Nyree

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2010

Hey Elle,

Hows travels?

I've got a ticket to Ho Chi Minh city mid April till the end of May

No plans really but would like to see Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.

I've travelled on my own before and it was great :)

But I'd love some company this time.

Will you be around?

Nyree

#7 Posted: 3/4/2010 - 17:32

• suzeqh84

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2010

Hi Elle!
    Not sure on when you plan on being where, but I'm arriving in HCMC mid May and planning on being there through mid July. It would be great to have someone to meet up with! Anyone else looking at a similar time frame? Let me know...

Susan

#8 Posted: 4/4/2010 - 02:23

• Doniwarner

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Nyree and Susan,
    I'm arriving in HCMC May 4th and heading towards Cambodia via either the Mekong or thecoast through Ta Hien. I plan on staying in Takeo, Cambodia at an orphanage (New Futures Organization) from around the 6th until the 12th and then on to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap with a group of nursing students for two weeks. Im leaving SR on the 25th (early AM) for Kuala Lumpur and returing to HCMC on the 26th (evening). Not sure what my plans are from there yet - my visa is telling me I have to be out of Vietnam by the 1st of June. Any plans on where you will be or what you will be doing during those times?

Doni

#9 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 00:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel companions starting March 25 - April 9 ... By wheretonext on 7 Mar 2013 0 583 7 Mar 2013
SE Asia in Oct - Looking for travel companions ... By hkl114 on 19 Jul 2012 13 1628 10 Sep 2012
Solo traveller - first time in March. Any companions? ... By SpenceH on 28 Feb 2010 8 2331 6 Apr 2010
SE Asia Travel Friends for mid Dec-March or more: Must be fun! ... By moazgirl on 24 Nov 2009 10 1914 18 Jan 2010
NOV 12 - SE ASIA. Travel companions with a plan...or a plan ... By chocolat on 25 Jul 2012 1 821 30 Jul 2012
27/F Aussie starting travels in March. Keen to see all of SE Asia. Looking for female travel buddy. ... By lisab2012 on 22 Jan 2012 19 1693 8 Feb 2012