Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Vietnam, Thailand & Malaysia June/July - Sep 2010

Posted by mynamesmike on 14/3/2010 at 00:16

Hi,

I'm a 21 year old male looking to travel through Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia between the end of June or start of July to mid September of this year.

I'm a first time traveller and am a bit weary of travelling alone.

I plan to arrive in Hanoi, make my way south (through Cambodia) in to Thailand, then Malaysia and fly home from Singapore.

Although, nothing has been booked or finalised as yet and I'm still considering all my options. So if anyone is considering a slightly similar route, but is kind of nervous about travelling alone, then please get in touch.

It might even be nice to meet with people for the start of my journey in Vietnam, just to get more comfortable with travelling in South East Asia.

Thanks

Michael

#1 mynamesmike has been a member since 14/3/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by johnroger on 25/3/2010 at 16:23

Hey Mike,

I'm in a similar situation... I'm a 23 y/o male, traveling alone for the first time. I'll be in Vietnam in early June, and then planing on going to Laos, Thailand, and then Cambodia by the end of August.

I don't have anything set in stone, just that I will be starting and ending in Ho Chi Minh City.

I'm a graduate student just looking to take the summer off after a long year of nonstop work and school.

Maybe we can meet up along the way.

John

#2 johnroger has been a member since 25/3/2010. Posts: 5

Hey Mike,

I'm in a similar situation... I'm a 23 y/o male, traveling alone for the first time. I'll be in Vietnam in early June, and then planing on going to Laos, Thailand, and then Cambodia by the end of August.

I don't have anything set in stone, just that I will be starting and ending in Ho Chi Minh City.

I'm a graduate student just looking to take the summer off after a long year of nonstop work and school.

John

#3 johnroger has been a member since 25/3/2010. Posts: 5

Hey Mike,

John

#4 johnroger has been a member since 25/3/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by qosmios on 27/9/2010 at 10:12

Any updates or a trip report?

#5 qosmios has been a member since 23/9/2010. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.