Travel deals forum

Avoid eDreams!

• Mosh

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2010

I had issues with this company about 2 years ago when I was trying to book a flight, and fortunately managed to get a refund and book my flight elsewhere. Others weren't so lucky. I uploaded the linked blog post at the time and have had a *lot* of comments in recent weeks (I guess due to the holiday season) having similar, or worse, issues.

Amusingly, a staff member from eDreams themselves commented for a while insisting that these problems were no longer the case and that they would deal with any issues as they arose. Amusing as it's clearly not the case and he seems to have disappeared again since the complaints have escalated.

Please, please check around for similar posts about eDreams before you consider using them. It seems commonplace for your credit card details to have a "problem" on booking which requires that you fax (yes - fax) a copy of your details and passport to them for checking, during which period the flight prices will rise "beyond eDreams' control". They'll take the price you were quoted off your card, but refuse to release the ticket until you pay the difference.

My original blog post is linked below. Do research this company - there are a lot of similar posts around the place if you look.

http://j.mp/bpJLPU

#1 Posted: 7/8/2011 - 16:53

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Here is a direct link to the story on Mosh's site (I asked him to post the above)

#2 Posted: 7/8/2011 - 18:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
is eDreams (edreams,net) legit? ... By bakpakk on 21 Apr 2010 4 6371 21 Apr 2010