Travel deals forum

Flight Price when buying in different countries?

• stefanw

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2010

Do the flight prices of Airasia or any other budget airline from Malaysia change depending on where you buy them?

So what I'm asking is if I was in Malaysia and bought a ticket would it be cheaper than buying in New Zealand? I have heard of people buying tickets in Malaysia to NZ return for $400. This would be an amazing sale if you could get this price in NZ.

Do they sell cheap flights to people who turn up and buy a ticket at the airport? Would it be cheaper to turn up at the airport in KL and buy a ticket to BKK or buy the ticket online before I leave?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 2/9/2011 - 10:44

• Advertisement

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

Hi stefanw,
    Usually you buy flight via web-site and pay using credit card, so price doesn't depend on the country where you are resided at the moment.
    I mean quoted price (in MYR, THB, etc) because end price deducted from your account depend on:
    1) VISA (or MasterCard) exchange rates (conversion from MYR to USD, or from THB to EUR);
    2) Exchange rates in your bank (conversion from USD or EUR to currency of your banking account);
    3) Value of OIF (commission taken by your bank in the case of trans-border payment).

#2 Posted: 2/9/2011 - 12:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
SaiGon ---> Luang-Prabang - Price of flight ticket? ... By quan1201 on 16 Aug 2010 3 5648 17 Aug 2010
Buying Chiang Mai flight from airport ... By thesage on 27 Aug 2009 4 1909 28 Aug 2009