Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Travel deals forum

Flight Price when buying in different countries?

This form has been closed and no further posts are being accepted.

Posted by stefanw on 2/9/2011 at 10:44

Do the flight prices of Airasia or any other budget airline from Malaysia change depending on where you buy them?

So what I'm asking is if I was in Malaysia and bought a ticket would it be cheaper than buying in New Zealand? I have heard of people buying tickets in Malaysia to NZ return for $400. This would be an amazing sale if you could get this price in NZ.

Do they sell cheap flights to people who turn up and buy a ticket at the airport? Would it be cheaper to turn up at the airport in KL and buy a ticket to BKK or buy the ticket online before I leave?

Thanks

#1 stefanw has been a member since 10/12/2010. Posts: 50

Posted by cybervlad on 2/9/2011 at 12:18

Hi stefanw,
Usually you buy flight via web-site and pay using credit card, so price doesn't depend on the country where you are resided at the moment.
I mean quoted price (in MYR, THB, etc) because end price deducted from your account depend on:
1) VISA (or MasterCard) exchange rates (conversion from MYR to USD, or from THB to EUR);
2) Exchange rates in your bank (conversion from USD or EUR to currency of your banking account);
3) Value of OIF (commission taken by your bank in the case of trans-border payment).

#2 cybervlad has been a member since 6/6/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 182
 Website 

Forum closed

This forum has been closed and no further posts are allowed.