Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Travel deals forum

Buying flights ONLINE versus OVER THE COUNTER

This form has been closed and no further posts are being accepted.

Posted by rasydan on 25/12/2009 at 06:35

I'm going on a 2 week trip to IndoChina and I have only bought air tickets from Singapore to HCMC. after probably 2-3 days in HCMC i intend to fly to Hanoi. any pros and cons of booking them in advance from getting them right away at HCMC airport? because the thing is we're unsure about the duration of our stay in HCMC just yet.

need the expert's advice please

#1 rasydan has been a member since 21/12/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by DLuek on 26/12/2009 at 03:42 TF writer

The main issues are price and availablity. If you buy a ticket 3 days before departure it's near certain you will pay significantly more than if you do it 2 weeks early (or more). With regard to price it's usually the earlier the better. The other thing is if you wait until last minute you may find that the flights you want are already full... Jetstar, because it's so cheap, seems to fill up well in advance sometimes for popular routes like BKK to HCMC. My experience has always been that the cheapest way to buy tickets - last minute or otherwise - is directly through the airline's website. For whatever reason, I've found that calling the hotline or buying over the counter often costs more for the same exact ticket.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,121
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by rasydan on 27/12/2009 at 01:49

i'll keep that in mind. thanks DLuek

#3 rasydan has been a member since 21/12/2009. Posts: 4

Forum closed

This forum has been closed and no further posts are allowed.