Travel deals forum

Buying flights ONLINE versus OVER THE COUNTER

• rasydan

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2009

I'm going on a 2 week trip to IndoChina and I have only bought air tickets from Singapore to HCMC. after probably 2-3 days in HCMC i intend to fly to Hanoi. any pros and cons of booking them in advance from getting them right away at HCMC airport? because the thing is we're unsure about the duration of our stay in HCMC just yet.

need the expert's advice please

#1 Posted: 25/12/2009 - 06:35

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

The main issues are price and availablity. If you buy a ticket 3 days before departure it's near certain you will pay significantly more than if you do it 2 weeks early (or more). With regard to price it's usually the earlier the better. The other thing is if you wait until last minute you may find that the flights you want are already full... Jetstar, because it's so cheap, seems to fill up well in advance sometimes for popular routes like BKK to HCMC. My experience has always been that the cheapest way to buy tickets - last minute or otherwise - is directly through the airline's website. For whatever reason, I've found that calling the hotline or buying over the counter often costs more for the same exact ticket.

#2 Posted: 26/12/2009 - 03:42

• rasydan

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2009

i'll keep that in mind. thanks DLuek

#3 Posted: 27/12/2009 - 01:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Buying airline tickets online ... By stef25 on 13 Nov 2013 0 518 13 Nov 2013