Air Asia: how to claim for delayed or missed flights

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I actually picked this up in a post by another member some time ago, buried in a thread about Air Asia, I think. I thought I'd give it it's own thread to help make people aware.

Air Asia have a policy that if one of their flights is delayed by more than 2 hours, you can make a claim, and be rewarded with a voucher for approx $USD60. (RM200, IDR500,000, etc).

From their Oct 2008 press statement:
    "....making guests affected by flight delays of more than two hours eligible to receive an e-gift voucher. Each e-gift voucher is worth RM200 and may be used to buy a seat on another AirAsia flight or redeemed for any AirAsia product or service."

(I thought I had found info on their FAQ page earlier, but can't find it now.)

NOTE: Air Asia will not proactively give this to you; you need to make a claim on their website.

To make a claim, complete the Contact Us form on the Contact Us page.

Use your Booking Reference as the reference number.

Make your claim, then forget about it for a week or two. This is how long they will take to get back to you. If the claim is successful, they will send a link that you need to click on to 'authenticate' your coupon. Voucher details (voucher number and password) are emailed to you. You have 3 months to use the voucher.

When you next make a booking, you can choose to pay with the voucher and/or credit card. Just enter the voucher number and password.

Easy peasy, as long as you have patience with Air Asia. Nothing happens quickly when you use the Contact Us form.

I also noticed that you can claim back any Airport Tax that you have paid if you miss your flight. Claim is made in the same way; refer to the FAQ page for more info.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere.... :-)

(And hopefully all the links are formatted OK and actually work once I post this!)

#1 Posted: 10/1/2010 - 23:55

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

The fees wipe out any airport tax refund and 2 hrs delays wouldn't bring you any money unless you take their insurance.

#2 Posted: 24/7/2012 - 19:07

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I've always received something back when claiming a refund. Not much, but always something. Last time I got a refund was last November for a flight I didn't use - so unless they've changed policies since then, I don't see why you wouldn't get something back. I guess it also depends on whether the money refunded is worth the effort of claiming it. I've always found it a low-stress, low-effort deal to do online. I just make the claim the forget about it. It eventually shows up.

#3 Posted: 24/7/2012 - 19:24

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

PS - What's with digging up all the old posts?? The front page is full of them!

#4 Posted: 24/7/2012 - 19:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.