Travelfish Guides forum

Help Bali/Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia

• jxs336

Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010

Hi Everyone

I need some help. I'm heading to Asia in July and was wondering if some can help me with an itinerary/guide of what to see/stay/do. I'll be:
    Flying Vancouver to Bali and staying Bali for 6 nights
    Flying Bali to Vietnam and staying for 9 nights
    Then would like to go to Laos (5 nights)
    then to fullmoon party in Thailand (2 nights) and then to cambodia (4 nights) and then back to bangkok (14 nights).

can you help with types of transportation places to stay I would prefer nice 3.5 star or greater accommodations.

#1 Posted: 26/3/2010 - 01:38

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

It sounds pretty full on. You will only get a taste of each country in that time, and unless you plan to only stay in one or two places in Vietnam (for example), you will be spending a fair bit of your limited time travelling around and sitting at airports. Four days in Cambodia - do you want to only spend it in Siem Reap (to see Angkor Wat) or go to Phnom Penh (S-21 and Killing Fields, etc) - or are you wanting to fit in both?

It's hard to know what sort of itinerary to suggest when we don't know what sort of trip you're looking for. Do you want to see big cities or rural, country areas? Are temples and culture your thing, or do you want to hang out at the beaches?

I would suggest that you have a read through the info on this website to get to get a general idea of what is of interest. I would also suggest that you cut out at least one of the countries. Maybe Bali, then Vietnam, Cambodia, then Thailand. (One would you want to fly all the way to Thailand for 2 nights for a FM Party, then fly out again?) Honestly, you will probably kill at least 2 days just to get to Koh Phangan and back.

#2 Posted: 26/3/2010 - 02:07

• glomer

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

For Bali accommodation, I love Alam Indah in Ubud.

#3 Posted: 26/3/2010 - 08:36

• jxs336

Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010

I know time is tight but I don't want to do too much touristy things. I wouldn't mind seeing some temples and things that are a MUST. kinda of just want to see how people live there and relax. Bali I just want to be a incredible villa and relax maybe check out a few things but mainly relax before I head to the rest of my destination. hope someone can help. also is it better to book accommodations now or wait until I'm there? also travel should I pick flying or bus? what should the average prices be?

#4 Posted: 27/3/2010 - 01:26

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 2

jxs336: By my count, you used the word "relax" three times in your last post. I don't know. 9 nights for Viet Nam; 5 for Lao; 4 in Cambodia. You can't see "Cambodia" in four nights. You could see Phnom Penh, or Siem Reap/ Angkor Wat (well, a good deal of Angkor Wat).

As you also say you don't want to do "touristy things" (are full moon parties touristy yet?), and wish to see how people live, I humbly submit these suggestions:

narrow your focus;
    spend more time in less places;
    if you want to see how people live in SE Asia, slow down.

You could, for example, cut several nights out of Bangkok, and have a lot of nights to give to other places. In any case, have a look around this website (and others, though, of course, they won't be as fresh and relevant as Travelfish ;) and sort out what your core interests are, and your absolute drop-dead must see places or sights.....and build from there.

Happy travels!

#5 Posted: 27/3/2010 - 11:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
27/F Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam/Laos/Bali ... By EmJ on 8 Oct 2012 6 1246 13 Jul 2013
March-May or June-Aug in Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Bali, Malaysia? ... By Triple007 on 29 Apr 2011 1 3682 3 May 2011
Thailand, laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Bali - 6 months (Jan 2014) Advice needed ... By lewism05 on 15 May 2013 5 3398 21 Oct 2013