Photo: Who needs a guide?

Travelfish Guides forum

Updated PDF Guides

Posted by dano_b on 28/9/2010 at 16:38

Hey, just wondering when the new travel guides will be coming out? I'm currently in Philippines, making my way through the rest of SEA in the next few months and was hoping to have these new guides!

Thanks!

#1 dano_b has been a member since 20/12/2009. Posts: 24

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/9/2010 at 20:18 admin

Ahh, simple answer is I've had dengue fever, recovered from it, then promptly caught this evil eye thing that has my eyes swollen up and makes it difficult to see. So things are all running a little late LOL.

Am sure you weren't after a medical report, but that's the main excuse.

As far as the PDF guides go, we're not going to be updating the paid for guides in that format anymore, but they'll be fancier free PDF guides coming with the redesign (which is almost there!) they'll be almost as good as the paid for ones we used to sell, but the maps will not be as good.

Anyway, work in progress, almost there!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by dano_b on 3/10/2010 at 10:09

Yikes! Speedy recovery to you and thanks for the info!

#3 dano_b has been a member since 20/12/2009. Posts: 24

Posted by artyguy on 14/10/2014 at 10:55

How do I get a travel guide pdf to put on my iPhone? Going to Burma and Thailand and would love to either purchase a Travel Fish guide for my iPhone. Can anyone advise how I do this? Thanks

#4 artyguy has been a member since 16/8/2014. Posts: 17

Posted by DLuek on 15/10/2014 at 22:15 TF writer

artyguy, Travelfish's travel guide apps for iPhone are only available for a few destinations (Bali, Angkor, maybe one or two more). From what I understand, it wasn't worth it to keep making them for one reason or another. However, you can still download PDF guides for tons of destinations by clicking on "member centre" then "free travel guides" and finally "build a new guide." The guides are split up by specific destinations so you can just download the ones you need rather than a whole country guide. Note that the exact same info in the PDFs is also available on the Travelfish site, so you can always access it if you have internet on your phone too.

#5 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,122
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by seutazas15 on 28/10/2015 at 12:17

If I don't login the following is displayed: "Download your Chiang Mai PDF guideTravelfish members are able to download our custom-built PDF guidebooks to many of the destinations on Travelfish.org -- including Chiang Mai. Once downloaded, guides are stored in their Member Centre for ease of access when travelling and can also be downloaded onto their computer. Already a member? Sign in at the top right. Not a member? Sign up here.
After I login this section is no longer there. I do not understand where I would have to go to download a guide. Could someone shed some light over how this works? Thanks.

#6 seutazas15 has been a member since 30/3/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/10/2015 at 16:11 admin

The Chiang Mai one is not available. This is the case with most of the large, capital city guides -- they're too large (100s of pages) to generate. I'll get that message fixed now as it shouldn't be encouraging people to login to get something they can't.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.