Photo: Who needs a guide?

Travelfish Guides forum

Blank chapters in pdf guides

Posted by Renzo on 5/11/2011 at 06:15

Hi all,
Trying to build some pdf guides, and I end up with some blank chapters (however with the title). Some with empty "accomodation" chapter, some other without the "eat and meet" info...
Anybody any idea?
Thanks!
R

#1 Renzo has been a member since 31/10/2011. Posts: 2
 Where has Renzo been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/11/2011 at 17:31 admin

Hi Renzo,

Could you let me know a couple of the destinations that are giving you the blank pages so I can look into it please?

Thanks

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by busylizzy on 5/11/2011 at 17:35

You can rebuild those particular guides by excluding those particular sections (untick the checkboxes as required) when you rebuild it. It's a bit of a pain, but it saves paper if you plan to print out the guides.

Of course, it would be better if the PDF builder just excluded those sections where there is no content. (eh, Somtam?!)

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/11/2011 at 18:07 admin

Yes, let me just put my hands in a vat of boiling water to unfreeze them and I'll get to it right away ;-)

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by busylizzy on 5/11/2011 at 21:46

Aren't you originally from Melbourne or similar? You've turned into a Bali warm-weather softie! :-)

#5 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by Renzo on 6/11/2011 at 02:16

Hi all,
Does that mean that there is no content for these chapters...?
For example : Angkor (Accomodation, eat and meet), Kuala Lumpur (Eat and meet, sights and activities), Islands of Melaka (Eat and meet, sights and activities), etc...
Thanks again!
R

#6 Renzo has been a member since 31/10/2011. Posts: 2
 Where has Renzo been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/11/2011 at 13:43 admin

Correct.
Angkor: Accommodation and eat and meet are in the guide for Siem Reap.
KL: Yes no content for those sections at the moment.
Islands of Melaka : Yes no content - see the main Melaka guide.

In some cases, for eg, anywhere in Bali, the food section isn't displaying correctly -- I'm aware of this prob and just haven't had time to fix it - basically if the food section has individual listings, it doesn't display in the Guides. In most cases though, if there is content on the main site, then it should be in the guide.

Am tied to laptop most of today so will try and sort this out if time allows.

Thanks

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.