Travelfish Guides forum

Backpacking alone SE Asia

• mikhailaj93

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2012

Hey guys,

I'm an 18 year old female going to backpack SE Asia for three months alone in July on a budget. Im looking very forward for the trip though I have a few questions. I'm thinking of doing Thailand, Cambodia, Loas and Vietnam. I will fly into Bankok and I was just after suggested routes from there, and the best places to go to meet people doing a similar thing. My biggest question is weather I should do south Thailand first (phuket, the moon party) at the end or start of the trip.

Im basically after advice on places to go, things I may need to book before I leave and things to do to make it an amazing experience.

#1 Posted: 1/3/2012 - 00:42

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I always suggest leaving the islands in the south for the end of a trip - relax on the islands after a lot of travel and a short leg back to BKK. As for where to go - suggest you check out the site for a bit and come back with more specific questions. There are many different options on how you can take the trip.

#2 Posted: 1/3/2012 - 05:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.