Travelfish Guides forum

travel guide

• edwuppy

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2008

Is it possible to look at the travel fish guide that I have ordered without downloading it on the computer. How does one do this? I am not on my home computer so I do not want to download it at the moment. OR does it matter how many times I can download it???

#1 Posted: 14/7/2009 - 01:37

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi,

You can download it as often as you want -- there is no limit. A copy is always kept on the Travelfish site so that you can access while on the road etc and for also if we find errors we update the guide and it is automatically updated in your file.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 14/7/2009 - 05:28

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

"...also if we find errors we update the guide and it is automatically updated in your file."

Somtam, that's pretty awesome service!

#3 Posted: 14/7/2009 - 07:56

• edwuppy

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2008

fantastic!! But I still dont know how to access the copy on the travelfish site... thanks so much.

#4 Posted: 15/7/2009 - 13:02

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You do need to download it to open the zip file. But, as mentioned above you can download it as many times as you want.

It is in the Member Centre. Link at top right of every page (once you're logged in) click there and you'll see the guide listed for download.

#5 Posted: 15/7/2009 - 13:18

• edwuppy

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2008

I'm sorry. I think i am not making myself clear. How do I view the files on the travelfish website? Do you know what I mean? I have downloaded it on a computer and it works. But how do I look at it when I am traveling in vietnam without downloading on the computer?

#6 Posted: 17/7/2009 - 02:50

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ah ok, my misunderstanding. Unfortunately the guide needs to be downloaded before you can open it -- we store them in zip files on the server rather than just PDF files, so the file needs to be downloaded onto whatever computer you're using then unzipped and the PDF opened then.

If that doesn't work for you, if you're using a webmail account (eg Hotmail, Yahoo etc) email the pDF version to yourself and don't delete the email. That way you'll be able to access the PDF from your email account rather than from Travelfish.

Hope that helps.

#7 Posted: 17/7/2009 - 07:18

• edwuppy

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2008

Yes, it works. thanks so much.

#8 Posted: 20/7/2009 - 00:36

• apriljune

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2010

hank you for your advice.

#9 Posted: 4/6/2010 - 15:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.