Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

where to buy underwater disposable camera?

Posted by Seonach on 5/4/2010 at 07:17

Hi guys, just realised today how great it would be to be able to take underwater pictures while snorkelling. Do I need to buy one at home before I go, or will I be able to buy one in Bangkok/Thai Islands?

#1 Seonach has been a member since 24/2/2010. Posts: 12

Posted by Gorey on 5/4/2010 at 09:47

my parents always buy them while they're out there, local camera shops i think they're mostly Fuji or Kodak based shops although i imagine you can get them in supermarkets at well as i've seen them in Tesco Lotus'. Not much more than the standard disposables (in comparison to the UK anyway).

wouldn't take them as deep as the product recommends though, and get them developed over there too fraction of the price compared to home (in my case anyway).

#2 Gorey has been a member since 26/3/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 58

Posted by Seonach on 5/4/2010 at 18:59

That's good news, thanks!

#3 Seonach has been a member since 24/2/2010. Posts: 12

Posted by bedu on 4/5/2010 at 11:04

You can buy them in almost all tourist areas near the beach/islands, although the nearer you are to the tourist areas, the more expensive they become.

#4 bedu has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 58

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.