Gear and equipment forum

where to buy underwater disposable camera?

• Seonach

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2010

Hi guys, just realised today how great it would be to be able to take underwater pictures while snorkelling. Do I need to buy one at home before I go, or will I be able to buy one in Bangkok/Thai Islands?

#1 Posted: 5/4/2010 - 07:17

• Advertisement

• Gorey

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3

my parents always buy them while they're out there, local camera shops i think they're mostly Fuji or Kodak based shops although i imagine you can get them in supermarkets at well as i've seen them in Tesco Lotus'. Not much more than the standard disposables (in comparison to the UK anyway).

wouldn't take them as deep as the product recommends though, and get them developed over there too fraction of the price compared to home (in my case anyway).

#2 Posted: 5/4/2010 - 09:47

• Seonach

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2010

That's good news, thanks!

#3 Posted: 5/4/2010 - 18:59

• bedu

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007
    Total reviews: 15

You can buy them in almost all tourist areas near the beach/islands, although the nearer you are to the tourist areas, the more expensive they become.

#4 Posted: 4/5/2010 - 11:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
disposable waterproof camera, pros and cons? ... By Tomhamish on 19 Feb 2011 12 7597 7 Apr 2011