Gear and equipment forum

Storing Luggage Options

• dmaniel_2000

Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2010

Hi,

I'm coming to Hanoi via Madrid, and I'm planning on being in Vietnam for a few weeks before finally going home to the USA.

I wasn't planning on going to SEA when I first came to Spain, so I have a large suitcase that I will be taking with me.

What are my storage options while I travel around the country? I don't want to lug my suitcase around with me.

Someone told me some hotels will hold onto my bag for me. Is this a legit option? Which hotels?

Thank you for your help.

#1 Posted: 26/5/2010 - 18:54

• Advertisement

• rachelle23

Joined Travelfish
    8th June, 2010

Some airport have luggage storage. But don't leave any valuables in your bags, money, jewelry, etc.

#2 Posted: 28/6/2010 - 10:56

• dano_b

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

Have you considered shipping your big suitcase home on a cargo boat from Madrid? Not sure of the options from Madrid, but many friends have used this option from elsewhere in the world and it is affordable and leaves you without the extra luggage to carry around. Check at the Post Office for info on this option.

#3 Posted: 28/6/2010 - 17:49

• rachelle23

Joined Travelfish
    8th June, 2010

If you want to store luggage or belongings for hours or days, look for left baggage office on arrivals level.

#4 Posted: 13/7/2010 - 10:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Storing Luggage Options ... By dmaniel_2000 on 26 May 2010 4 1588 6 Jun 2010
Storing luggage in Ha Noi ... By wanderlust13 on 7 Sep 2009 3 2585 10 Sep 2009
storing luggage in bangkok, any ideas? ... By cyndi on 30 Nov 2007 4 5756 9 Jan 2008