Gear and equipment forum

Berghaus freeflow 35 +8

• britishhippy

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2010

Hi guys,
    I've bought a Berghaus freeflow 35 +8 to travel with for 3 months. I thought I'll travel light and save some energy rather than swing a huge pack around with me.
    What's the view on this? Is this pack too small? I know I can fit all my stuff in it but how much is one likely to pick up along the way?

Cheers in advance

Sam

#1 Posted: 25/11/2010 - 08:18

• Advertisement

• bedu

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007
    Total reviews: 15

Never tried it with a small bag for 3 months, but I'd say that 35 litres is more than enough. I always go away with a 35 litre bag, albeit for a few weeks.

If you pack light, wash clothes frequently, buy what you need on the move (and throw away old worn out T-shirts, etc) and are not a big fan of carrying souvenirs (post them home), you'll be fine.

#2 Posted: 2/3/2011 - 23:39

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

35+8 gives you a total of 43 liters. I think that is plenty provided you are not carrying a lot of other stuff, such as photo gear.

#3 Posted: 3/3/2011 - 12:35

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

35 L is fine, you can usually stuff more in than you think - If I'm gone for 3 weeks it usually comes back at about 10kg and that's with a couple of small memorabilia and fabrics. The quandry I've always had is that I pack about the same amount of stuff for 2 weeks as I would for 2 months. As long as your not going to be on the move all the time you can stop every 4/5 days to do some laundry - so I try to bring about 6 days worth of cloths. If you pick up things like t-shirts, just bring ones from home that you don't mind ditching.

#4 Posted: 3/3/2011 - 13:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.