Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Berghaus freeflow 35 +8

Posted by britishhippy on 25/11/2010 at 08:18

Hi guys,
I've bought a Berghaus freeflow 35 +8 to travel with for 3 months. I thought I'll travel light and save some energy rather than swing a huge pack around with me.
What's the view on this? Is this pack too small? I know I can fit all my stuff in it but how much is one likely to pick up along the way?

Cheers in advance

Sam

#1 britishhippy has been a member since 17/10/2010. Posts: 8

Posted by bedu on 2/3/2011 at 23:39

Never tried it with a small bag for 3 months, but I'd say that 35 litres is more than enough. I always go away with a 35 litre bag, albeit for a few weeks.

If you pack light, wash clothes frequently, buy what you need on the move (and throw away old worn out T-shirts, etc) and are not a big fan of carrying souvenirs (post them home), you'll be fine.

#2 bedu has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 58

Posted by goonistik on 3/3/2011 at 12:35

35+8 gives you a total of 43 liters. I think that is plenty provided you are not carrying a lot of other stuff, such as photo gear.

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by caseyprich on 3/3/2011 at 13:14

35 L is fine, you can usually stuff more in than you think - If I'm gone for 3 weeks it usually comes back at about 10kg and that's with a couple of small memorabilia and fabrics. The quandry I've always had is that I pack about the same amount of stuff for 2 weeks as I would for 2 months. As long as your not going to be on the move all the time you can stop every 4/5 days to do some laundry - so I try to bring about 6 days worth of cloths. If you pick up things like t-shirts, just bring ones from home that you don't mind ditching.

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.