Using Kindle 3G in Asia

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Here's a question for Kindle users who have used the 3G version in Asia. I am tossing up between the WiFi only and the WiFi/3G versions. By the time I comvert the price from USD to NZD, there's a fair bit of difference in the price.

In terms of downloading books, I would be happy with WiFi only capability - I just need to be organised to get download books ahead of time.

The only reason that I am really considering the 3G is for travelling - it has the potential to provide internet access which is useful for quick email checks, browsing TF and maybe using Google Maps to find places. In other words, this could be considered a potential replacement for my netbook - at least on shorter trips.

So my question is - how well does Kindle 3G work in Asia? (Or anywhere outside the US, for that matter). How useful is the internet browsing capability really?

#1 Posted: 18/6/2011 - 06:15

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

The potential issue is that web browsing is "experimental" and the feature might be disabled in the future.

It seems to me an iPad makes better sense for you.

#2 Posted: 18/6/2011 - 10:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
eReader - Kindle or Kindle Fire?! ... By MissBanana on 23 Jan 2013 9 2653 25 Jan 2013