Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Anyone travel Wearing Nike Free?

Posted by Shaneo88 on 12/7/2011 at 03:32

I have these nike free 2's that i wear for general working out and im thinking that this will be my shoes for my 4 month se asia trip. I realize i will be walking ALOT but these shoes are very lightweight and the tops are mesh so very breathable. Im just worried that since they are so flexible that they may not be the best for walking long distances with a weighted backpack. Any input?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJkLYTne7o&feature=related

#1 Shaneo88 has been a member since 11/7/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 17
 Website 

Posted by MADMAC on 12/7/2011 at 11:58

Shane
You are not likely to be walking long distances with your back unless you plan to go hiking over a several day period and hauling your gear with you when you do. You take your pack off the plane, put it in the bus or taxi (or skytrain) and go to your hotel, or close to it. You put it in your room. When you get ready to leave, you take it to your taxi or bus or sky train - again, short distances almost always. It's not the battan death march. Get to next destination, hop a tuk tuk or taxi or whatever, go to hotel, repeat. Usually when looking for new hotel, you drive to do that. Walking all over a strange city with your gear isn't a great idea.

By the way, that actually looks like very comfortable footwear. I'd recommend it.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by Shaneo88 on 13/7/2011 at 05:24

Thanks for the input, you make a very valid point

#3 Shaneo88 has been a member since 11/7/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 17
 Website 

Posted by MADMAC on 13/7/2011 at 15:05

Have a great trip man. You come by Mukdahan, look me up.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.