Laundry on the road

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Some time ago, I hooked on to a suggestion from SBE (a fellow travelfisher) about using a dry bag as a washing machine while travelling. I used my for 6 months until the bag started to delaminate - but it's a great idea. You fill it with warm water, add a bit of soap, toss in the clothes, then shake it around for a few minutes. It's much better than washing in the sink while using your undies to plug up the sink hole.
    Well, I see (courtesy of TooManyAdapters) that an Australian has come with a nifty prototype variation of this: the Scrubba bag. Basically, it a dry bag but with a ribbed panel inside that helps to scrub your clothes. Brilliant!

http://www.indiegogo.com/The-Scrubba-Wash-Bag

No, I'm not being paid to sponsor this.. just thought it was a neat idea worth sharing :-)

#1 Posted: 28/3/2012 - 20:00

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

I can finally get rid of my laundry paddle. :-)

For those who are too young to know what a laundry paddle is:
    http://www.oldandinteresting.com/washing-beetles-possing.aspx

#2 Posted: 28/3/2012 - 22:38

• shaydan_01

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2009
    Location Australia

Thanks for sharing Lizzy, I'll definitely consider getting one of these for my next long journey, they'd come in especially handy on those occasions when the laundry woman refuses to wash your undies, although I only encountered this about two times in nine months.

Great for camping too!

#3 Posted: 28/3/2012 - 22:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.