Gear and equipment forum

BACKPACK HELP 80l ( 70 + 10)

• ashley23

Joined Travelfish
    24th May, 2012

help with backpack please?!

I have an osprey waypoint 80 (70 litre main pack and 10 litre detachable).. which i was thinking to leave the daypack behind as ill probably use a shoulder bag for everyday use. but does anyone reccoment to take or not reccomend to take it ?? ( dusnt add extra weight or anything)

I thought it would be totally fine size but have been reading a zilliion forums with mixed ideas. Im now contemplating on buying a smaller one :S macpac (65 L (50 + 15)
    however id much rather save the $$

Trip plan is Canada for 1.5 months ( summer) then SE Asia for 3-4 months... Will my osprey one will be a good/ fine size? im 5'9. so not short and ill be ditching a few things ie heels ext in canada ( as i have formal events to go to)
    so ill end up with less regardless but im thiking the extra space may be nice... for gifts ext... im not the type of person that will take more or less really but i dont want to be kidding myself either

I personally think ( however I am bias in this matter) the extra space would be great so im not russling around to find stuff and it could deffinatly come in handy as before said.. and i suppose condesing the bag is better than bulging a small one makes more sence...

someone please clear my conciouse??
    I have never travelled with the osprey so i dont have past expieriance with it...

Cheers!!

oh and if anyone reccomends to take an Ipad? for face time and movies ( most flights dont have movies or entertainment)

#1 Posted: 11/6/2012 - 03:22

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.