Gear and equipment forum

Solo in the beach

• jscortes

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2012
    Location Colombia

Hello

Please can you help me with tips when you go to the beach alone, where to carry your money, is it a special bag for that?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 18/6/2012 - 13:12

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I tend not to take any money with me to the beach. If it can't be avoided, then I take the smallest amount possible and tuck it into the pocket of my shorts (NOT in a wallet which is too obvious).

If I'm feeling particularly vulnerable, I have tucked it into a small waterproof bag (one that I would normally use for my camera to take photos while snorkelling).

I think they are also smaller waterproof plastic cases that you can get to carry around your neck to hold a room key and a small amount of cash. Haven't tried one though.

I would always leave my main wallet back in the room, locked up in my pack.

#2 Posted: 18/6/2012 - 14:59

• mixxat

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2012
    Location Other

I think the best way is to buy waterproof bag for mobile phone in which you can put on
    banknotes and coins.
    in many cases these are the strings that you can get it hanging on your neck or hand or something.

#3 Posted: 11/12/2012 - 10:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.