Gear and equipment forum

Should I bring a mosquito net?

• AndyPandy

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2012

Hi all,

I have one week left before I make my way to SE Asia - thank you again for your amazing help and advice. I was shopping yesterday and came across a compact mossie net and was tempted to buy it. Just wondered what the chances are of finding hostels which have places for you to hook the central bit to the ceiling on are? Do you think it's worthwhile buying one or no point unless camping?

thank you
    Andy

#1 Posted: 13/9/2012 - 03:32

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

I don't think you'll need one. most of the hostels will offer you an electric fan and electric fans are pretty effective deterrent to mosquitoes.
    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/a-simple-fan-is-your-best-mosq-121788

If you find yourself needing a mosquito net, you should be able to find one in the local markets. The only time I can think you'll need a net is if you are on a remote island with no electricity or in a place with frequent power interruptions.

#2 Posted: 13/9/2012 - 09:28

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I agree with goonistik, no

#3 Posted: 13/9/2012 - 11:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Do I need to bring mosquito net to South East Asia? ... By drgoldsmoke on 8 Jan 2009 2 11038 28 Mar 2009