Gear and equipment forum

New Balance Minimus shoes

• Billz858

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2012
    Location United States

This will be my first back packing trip in SEA and I plan on doing the typical local site seeing and some hiking. A buddy of mine recommended new balance Minimus because its comfortable and it's waterproof ability. Should these work ok? I'm not really in favor of boots because of its bulkiness. Help!

#1 Posted: 13/10/2012 - 16:08

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I've never used hiking boots - not necessary for trail hiking unless you have weak ankles. I've always made the drying speed of a shoe top priority. Don't mind if it gets wet so long as it is dry by the end of the day.

#2 Posted: 13/10/2012 - 20:08

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

You need hiking shoes only if you are going through really difficult terrain, or you are carrying a heavy backpack with camping gear and supplies, or both.

For a day hike, trail running shoes are fine.

#3 Posted: 13/10/2012 - 21:25

• Billz858

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2012
    Location United States

Thank you both for the reply. I went and purchased the Minimus. It's very light and comfortable. Lets see how it holds up.

#4 Posted: 14/10/2012 - 12:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.