Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Mosquito Nets needed?

Posted by Lost_Vagabond on 1/3/2013 at 12:57

Heading to Asia in a little less then a month for a 3 month period. Was wondering if I should bring along a mosquito net?

Thanks for any tips.

#1 Lost_Vagabond has been a member since 31/10/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by ryder80 on 1/3/2013 at 13:40

i brought one myself for my 3 months in SEA, never used it once, places that need it will generally have them, but if your camping or something, then that's a different story. if your staying in hostels and such, i probably wouldn't bother.

#2 ryder80 has been a member since 19/12/2010. Posts: 83

Posted by azshoan12 on 4/12/2013 at 06:28

I think, mosquito net is very important equipment. Thank goes to ryder80 for the useful suggestion. I am also planning to go to south India for a short trip.

Regards!

#3 azshoan12 has been a member since 3/12/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by busylizzy on 4/12/2013 at 07:03

I agree with ryder... I've carried one on 3 extended trips no and used it maybe twice. I carried it on my current trip to the Maluku Islands thinking that I would need it there if anywhere - and I didn't. In places where you are likely to need it, they will provide nets.

I sent it home. I'm going to sell it when I get back I think so that I'm not tempted to bring it again.

If you are in a fan room, point the fan over the bed while you are sleeping and the air movement will help keep any rogue ones at bay. I sometimes carry a small can of bug spray when going to 'buggier' areas.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.