Gear and equipment forum

Traveling with a Expired Green Card Help.

• fifthsaint

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2014

Hey TF!
    Ive heard from quite a few of my friends and internet researching this is the forum to be if you need any type of help with Travels so here goes..
    I am a Korean-American planning on Backpacking all over SE Asia and I have a few questions I couldnt find anywhere online.
    I will have a expired Green Card by the time i departure but I will have a Valid South Korean Passport that expires 2024.
    Ive been in America since i was ONE (1) years old and I am currently 27 years old so.. my question is:
    Would it be possible for me to Travel overseas from America with a one way ticket and a tourist visa to Thailand to start with a expired Green Card thats pending on Review?
    By the way my renewal form has been on Initial Review for OVER 6 Months! (Why is it taking so long..) Filed July 2013 and it is now Jan 2014. I did however receive a 6 month extension sticker on my current Permanent Resident Card (Exps April 2014) and I will be taking off May 1st 2014. If there is anyone that knows any information about this please.. reply and help me, walk me through the process please. Im not as worried about re-entering and by then I know ill have received my New card. Im just worried they wont let me Board on my departure day. Thanks in Advance for taking the time and answering my questions.

#1 Posted: 5/1/2014 - 00:09

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.