Gear and equipment forum

Travel equipment shops in Sydney CBD

• c1ee

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

I am starting to plan for a backpacking trip, and was wondering if anyone knows of shops in the Sydney CBD area that I can check out backpacks and other equipment?

The only brand I am aware of is Kathmandu, and the only Kathmandu shop in the city is one around the back of Town Hall station. Is there any other shops/brands that people can recommend I check out in Sydney CBD?

#1 Posted: 25/5/2009 - 08:49

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It's been a while since I've been gear shopping in Sydney, but from memory there are a bunch of shops within walking distance of the Kathmandu store (which is excellent) -- all on Kent Street. Google something like "Adventure travel gear Sydney" and you should find a heap.

#2 Posted: 25/5/2009 - 09:38

• Mike_V

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2009

Yeah, on Kent street there are at least 5 shops very close together.

Paddy Palin, Mountain Equipment, Patagonia, etc. etc.

#3 Posted: 2/11/2009 - 10:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
7/M/Sydney - Thailand Dec 2012 Jan 2013 with a friend looking for travel buddy/ies ... By NeverHead on 22 Aug 2012 0 954 22 Aug 2012
27/M/Sydney - Thailand Dec 2012 Jan 2013 with a friend looking for travel buddy/ies ... By NeverHead on 22 Nov 2012 3 982 9 Dec 2012