Gear and equipment forum

Black Wolf Cedar Breaks 55L - Okay?

• cheapzen

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2009

Hey guys, going to Thailand for 4 weeks in November and looking to get a backpack around 50-55L. I've been looking around and for it's price the Black Wolf Cedar Breaks doesn't look too bad...
    Can anyone confirm/give advice?

http://www.blackwolf.com.au/travel-packs/cedar-breaks/

#1 Posted: 13/10/2009 - 16:57

• Advertisement

• Roey77

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2009

My partner and I just bought the 65L Cedar Breaks to use when we head to Asia on the 31st October. They seem to be pretty good with reviews I've read on the net. They come with their own 3 number combination locks, a decent sized daypack with special pockets for your IPOD and camel pack, built in rain cover, they look good and for the price we paid $204 AUD over the internet (good price).

I work at the airport and have asked passengers with the same backpack how they went and they had nothing but good things to say. Especially the strong zips.

They're only 3.5kgs which is light compared to the OzTrail pack I bought a couple of years ago.

We haven't used it as yet so can't comment on how it fares. :o)

#2 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 23:17

• cheapzen

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2009

Thanks Roey77 :)

I ended up getting a Mountain Designs Gulliver pack, it was on sale.
    I vouched for it because I could try it on in shop etc. and ask all the questions I could in person.

Couldn't find anywhere locally to try on a Cedar Breaks. But I'm quite happy with this pack :) Thanks again.

#3 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 06:40

• bass_ke

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2009

Sorry to drag up an old thread but thought I might have some useful info

For our current trip my wife and I got rid of our sorry smashed up old packs and into a Black Wolf pack each

She has the Cedar Breaks and absolutely loves it, tough enough, flexible enough and very comfortable for her, all the compartments in the day pack are great as well

I ended up picking up a Grand Teton for less than her Cedar Breaks due to an epic advertising stuff up.

Roey, I also work at an International Airport, makes for good trip research :D

The Grand Teton is a brilliant pack, it's the most comfortable I've ever worn, it feel's indestructible, a lot of it feels like very hardcore canvas. It has a built in organiser which you can remove if you wish.

It's a bit heavier empty than the Cedar Breaks but fit's me much better than the Cedar Breaks.

#4 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 21:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.