Gear and equipment forum

HELP: ipod question

• Dylan

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently in Kamphaeng Phet, about to leave for Chiang Mai tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the little propriety adapter for my ipod shuffle (charger and computer link) broke in my bag today! Does anyone know an electronics store that might have one in Chiang Mai? Any help would be much appreciated.

And I suppose if no one has any suggestions on this front--are there any good english-language bookstores in Chiang Mai where I can stock up on paperbacks to help supplant my iPod as entertainment?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 13/11/2009 - 19:38

• Advertisement

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

According the apple website there is an authorised apple reseller at Airport Plaza which I'm guessing would be able to sell you a replacement.

iStudio@ Central Airport Chiangmai by Maczone Apple Premium Reseller
    iStudio by maczone 3.1 Room Central Airport Plaza Mahidol Road Aumphur Muang Chiangmai 50200

Chiangmai 50200
    Tel: 6681 764 2427
    Web: http://www.maczone.co.th
    Map: http://www.maczone.co.th/contact/index.php

Hope that helps!

Oh, and from memory (5 years ago!), there are plenty of good english second hand bookstores in Chiang Mai if you can't get hold of a replacement.

Cheers.
    Mark

#2 Posted: 13/11/2009 - 20:29

• Dylan

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2009

Thanks, that is helpful.

Apparently, they sell what I'm looking for, but for 1,500 baht (about the price of the player itself, new). Sigh. Maybe I can buy it off ebay for a dollar or two and send it to my guesthouse in Chiang Mai...probably workable, right?

#3 Posted: 13/11/2009 - 20:40

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Ouch, pricey...

My memory of Chiang Mai is a bit rusty, but I seem to recall there was a couple of malls (including one near the night market) that had quite a few electronics shops. Also the third floor of the Airport Plaza is dedicated to electronics. Maybe they'll have a cheap one?

If not, can't see why the e-bay idea wouldn't work!

Mark.

#4 Posted: 13/11/2009 - 22:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Electricity converter/iPod question ... By ellenruth on 29 Nov 2009 0 2564 29 Nov 2009