Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

HELP: ipod question

Posted by Dylan on 13/11/2009 at 19:38

Hi all,

I'm currently in Kamphaeng Phet, about to leave for Chiang Mai tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the little propriety adapter for my ipod shuffle (charger and computer link) broke in my bag today! Does anyone know an electronics store that might have one in Chiang Mai? Any help would be much appreciated.

And I suppose if no one has any suggestions on this front--are there any good english-language bookstores in Chiang Mai where I can stock up on paperbacks to help supplant my iPod as entertainment?

Thanks

#1 Dylan has been a member since 21/3/2009. Posts: 25
 Website 

Posted by tails101 on 13/11/2009 at 20:29

According the apple website there is an authorised apple reseller at Airport Plaza which I'm guessing would be able to sell you a replacement.

iStudio@ Central Airport Chiangmai by Maczone Apple Premium Reseller
iStudio by maczone 3.1 Room Central Airport Plaza Mahidol Road Aumphur Muang Chiangmai 50200

Chiangmai 50200
Tel: 6681 764 2427
Web: http://www.maczone.co.th
Map: http://www.maczone.co.th/contact/index.php

Hope that helps!

Oh, and from memory (5 years ago!), there are plenty of good english second hand bookstores in Chiang Mai if you can't get hold of a replacement.

Cheers.
Mark

#2 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Posted by Dylan on 13/11/2009 at 20:40

Thanks, that is helpful.

Apparently, they sell what I'm looking for, but for 1,500 baht (about the price of the player itself, new). Sigh. Maybe I can buy it off ebay for a dollar or two and send it to my guesthouse in Chiang Mai...probably workable, right?

#3 Dylan has been a member since 21/3/2009. Posts: 25
 Website 

Posted by tails101 on 13/11/2009 at 22:00

Ouch, pricey...

My memory of Chiang Mai is a bit rusty, but I seem to recall there was a couple of malls (including one near the night market) that had quite a few electronics shops. Also the third floor of the Airport Plaza is dedicated to electronics. Maybe they'll have a cheap one?

If not, can't see why the e-bay idea wouldn't work!

Mark.

#4 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.