Gear and equipment forum

How to set up mosquito net when ceiling is very high

• hansmerkl

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2009

I just came back from Laos and Thailand. I have one of the mosquito nets that needs to be hanged from the ceiling. It has worked fine for me in India since most rooms had an easily reachable hook over the bed.

In Laos, however, the ceilings were often very high and the bed was in the middle of the room so I couldn't figure out how to set up the net.

Does anybody have advice for setting up such a net or should I just get another one? I have seen some that look like little tents that have their own frame. Are these better?

#1 Posted: 29/12/2009 - 04:08

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I used to carry a roll of string and a tube of super glue and just glue the string to the walls -- didn't matter how high the roof was. Worked for me!

#2 Posted: 29/12/2009 - 15:16

• hansmerkl

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2009

Now that's what I call creative. Obviously it's not a good idea that everybody use this method.

#3 Posted: 29/12/2009 - 19:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.