Gear and equipment forum

Women's backpacks

• luce_uk

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2009

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on women's backpacks i've done quite a lot of research on backpacks so far but cannot seem to find anything suitable for my needs. I am looking for a backack around the 55-65L range with a daypack (65L max inc the day pack) but not top loading, i want one that opens right out. I also need one with zippers so it can be locked, not a drawstring, and preferably it needs to be waterproof material (or at least have a rain cover) I also would like it if it was specifically designed for a woman as i am really short so i need something that is going to sit just right. I've looked on Millets, Blacks and Oswald Baileys websites as well as doing individual searches for makes such as The North Face, Osprey, Karimoor, Berghaus but nothing really so far has seemed to fit all those requirements, i didn't think i had a particularly tall order. Anyway, any input would be fantastic! Thanks

#1 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 03:51

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You mean packs like these?:
    http://www.karrimor.com/SS09/travel.htm

#2 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 08:29

• shadek

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2009

I was wondering something similar. I didn't think I was being picky, but so far I haven't managed to find the right backpack. I'm traveling only for 1 month and a half, so I thought to take only a 45L + 10, because I know myself and I know if I have more space I will end up filling it up with endless unnecessary shopping!

As per the daypack, I didn't think to carry a 20L, but something much smaller, more like a should bag, with space for the guide, a small notebook, a scarf and the odd snack. Is it too light???

#3 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 19:42

• shadek

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2009

*** shoulder bag **** (is there anyway to edit the posts? it would be helpful!)

#4 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 19:44

• luce_uk

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2009

Hey,

That Karimoor 50-70L one does look good, the others are all far to massive. I am a little confused though, does it come in like 50L and 70L sizes or what i don't get that it doesn't explain it properly. Or is it 50L with 20L daysack in which case ARGH i think 70L is too big!!!

Shadek, have you looked on the websites like Milletts etc, i seem to think i saw some around the 45L size, not sure if that was with or without the daypack though. I will also be taking like a shoulder bag/handbag as well for everyday use but the actual 'daypack' i would use for like tours and excursions and stuff like that.

#5 Posted: 9/1/2010 - 02:08

• stevejames00

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

Millets has one called Amazon 45+15 and its designed for women, my girlfriend bought one last week. It was the last one in the shop and in the sale so not sure how many they have left. I looked on their website and couldnt find it on there either so mabye go visit one and you might be in luck.

#6 Posted: 9/1/2010 - 06:00

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

shadek:
    Tatonka did have one in the 45L range with a carrying system designed for women's frames, when adjusted properly i felt almost 'no' strain on my shoulders, compared to other brands/models. bought it 6 years ago so not sure if Tatonka still carries that model.

instead of a daypack i've carried a shoulder bag - zip closure + strap long enough to sling across my body instead of hanging from one shoulder (deter snatch thieves). enough space for notebook, camera, maps, bottle of water, foldable umbrella, etc.

#7 Posted: 9/1/2010 - 09:48

• nips2689

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2009

i have got this backpack, i am going for about 5/6months to asia.
    does anyone know if this is a good one to have?

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/lowe-alpine-travel-trekker-2-nd-60-p142570

#8 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 21:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.