Gear and equipment forum

EX3 anti bed bugs

• emma066

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

Hi,

Does anyone think getting a travel sleeping sheet with EX3 (anti bed bugs, anti mossie and anti bacterial) is worth it?

I've only seen one's for about £35 minimum so far. Has anyone used one or would a normal one which hasn't been treated be fine?

Will generally be staying in backpacker places.

Thanks,
    Emma

#1 Posted: 25/1/2010 - 21:07

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Hi Emma,

I would be extremely wary about spending my money on something like this. The makers of the product describe it as having "... the added benefit of our Ex3 treatment. This means that your sleeper will protect you against the build up of bacteria, act as a barrier against bed bugs as well as containing a mosquito repellent."

First, there is no mention as to what this so-called mosquito repellent is. No way would I buy something with a "mosquito repellent" and put it against my body without first knowing what it is.

Second, what does "your sleeper will protect you against the build up of bacteria" mean? Does it have some kind of anti-bacterial properties? The build up of bacteria on what? On you? On the sheet? What kind of bacteria are being referred to?

Third, when I see that it can "act as a barrier against bed bugs", all it means to me is that it acts as a physical barrier. In this case, it is no different than any other ordinary bed sheet.

Based on the scant product info seen on the web, I'd save my money and just buy a bedsheet if you think you'll need one. Most places will have mosquito nets if mozzies are an issue, anyway.

And, for what it's worth, it was around 16 pounds on the sites where I saw it for sale.

#2 Posted: 3/2/2010 - 00:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Would you get anti-malaria and anti-rabies preventative treatments for Luang Prabang? ... By EdwardTrunk on 15 Jan 2014 4 1295 19 Jan 2014