Gear and equipment forum

Deuter 38 Litre Back Pack

• Geezy

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2009

Just in the planning stages for my 3 week trip to Laos via Thailand. I went travelling for the first time around Thailand last year for 2 weeks and loved it. Really excited!
    Just bought myself a Deuter 38 Litre for my up and coming trip. This was £80 and seems really high quality.
    Has anyone got one of these? Any reports?

Cheers Geezy

#1 Posted: 1/2/2010 - 23:45

• Advertisement

• super_colli-
    der

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2010

wow this is weird, i just registered in order to post a question about this particular range of backpack, You beat me to it.

I have yet to purchase my pack, but my brother who works in a camping store, suggested this brand. From what i can see they look great.

I'm hoping to take it as a carry on, dunno whether the size will be ok?
    They also do a 42litre and have been considering the extra room.

What a great site by the way, has answered many of my planning concerns.
    I'm not leaving until Novemeber and am sure i will be posting some more.

Thanks

Joe

#2 Posted: 2/2/2010 - 02:02

• bedu

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007
    Total reviews: 15

I don't know about the 38 litre, but I bought a smaller Deuter pack.

I use it as a day bag and it's pretty tough, comfortable to wear and carries surprisingly a lot more than you'd think.

Thumbs up for Deuter.

#3 Posted: 3/3/2010 - 21:11

• ms1892

Joined Travelfish
    23rd December, 2009

I have a 60L Deuter pack. Likewise it was recommended to me by my brother who at the time worked at Rohan in the UK. I went with his recommendation due to the huge staff discount he gave me! I have had the pack for 7 years now and it has travelled extensively with me. I consider it to be one of the best items of kit i have ever purchased.

I have found it to be consistantly comfortable, robust and waterproof (essential when travelling in S.American rain forests etc). I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this brand.

M.

#4 Posted: 4/3/2010 - 16:20

• hardgraf28

Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2010

I'm doing 2 months SE Asia with my 28L Dueter Futura. Great pack!

#5 Posted: 18/5/2010 - 15:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
good women's pack -- Deuter Quantum 55L? ... By wanderlust2010 on 28 Apr 2010 0 3253 28 Apr 2010
Advice on Back Pack choices ... By ryanm24 on 3 May 2011 13 4765 3 Jul 2011
38 year old female wants to back pack Thailand in Mar 2013 but has no idea where to start ... By Sazzle74 on 13 Aug 2012 1 1381 15 Aug 2012