admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Off for a three week trip through northern Laos today and I've done a quick blog post outlining what I'm packing -- thought others may find of use. You can read it here: What I'm packing.. http://blog.travelfish.org/2010/02/10/what-im-packing

#1 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 08:58

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi Somtam, have a great trip look froward to a trip report when you get back. Enjoyed the article and sounds about right. One question I always take about 4 s/s cotton shirts but you go the t-shirt thing. You don't find them a bit claustrphobic. Now if only I could my wife to a:) read this and b:)agree to 35 litre carry on only my life would be bliss. Chances of that happening zero. Being together 20 years and me getting my way zero lol.
    cheers

#2 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 11:54

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Thanks for the post, and have a nice trip!

I will be leaving LP for Nong Khiew tomorrow and planning to stay for a few days and maybe go further up to Muang Khua after that. If that would be on your route and if it would be convenient for you, it would be a pleasure to meet you.

//

#3 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 16:11

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

I like the lack of sunglasses.

#4 Posted: 11/2/2010 - 10:38

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

@swag Yes cotton is better, lighter and cooler. But the Tshirts all have Travelfish on them -- yes I am the walking billboard! A heavier tshirt does wear better than cotton though -- especially with a pack.

@Sampan, I'm still in Bangkok, head to Laos on Monday (via Chiang Mai) - I'll drop you a line when I enter and see where you are at.

@somsai I really hate speaking to people when I can't see their eyes.

#5 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 09:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.