Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Women's pack: Gregory Deva or Osprey Ariel?

Posted by snowowl on 22/2/2010 at 21:02

Hi,

I have a dilemma going on. I can't seem to choose between the Gregory Deva 60 or the Osprey Ariel 65 backpack.

Does anyone know which one is a better buy?
I'll be travelling for 7 weeks in Asia and then for 3 months in Central and South America.

Do you think 60 litres or 65 litres is a good size for a backpack?

thanx

#1 snowowl has been a member since 22/2/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by Voyagner on 1/5/2010 at 12:56

They are both top loading so I would say neither. Top loading packs are really annoying for travel. I have the mens version of the Ariel, the Aether, I would never use it for travel, great for trekking though.

#2 Voyagner has been a member since 12/7/2009. Posts: 30
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by MattB247 on 7/9/2010 at 03:37

Consider the Osprey Waypoint 65 - it's a travel sack with clamshell opening rather than a top loader rucksack so nice and easy to get in and out of. It's also got a nice flap at the back that zips over the rucksack straps meaning there's less chance of anything being caught by conveyor belts etc in airports. It also has a 10 litre detachable day sack with full straps too.

#3 MattB247 has been a member since 7/9/2010. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.