Health and safety forum

drugs(legal ones)

• jezefc14

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2010

am going to VN, laos and cambodia, but have had health issues in the past and when i go travelling i have taken Diazepam with me just incase i have any problems specially when flying. i have however heard it is illegal to carry this with you when on holiday in these part of the world, and people have been put in jail?? i only take a small ish number of about 20, but i dont want any problems, does anyone know for definate what to do?many thanks jez

#1 Posted: 18/6/2010 - 23:45

• Advertisement

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

just keep them in the perscription bottle. They used to sell that kind of stuff over the counter, they work better when you down them with a shot of whiskey. Just sayin.

#2 Posted: 19/6/2010 - 04:02

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

"they work better when you down them with a shot of whiskey. Just sayin."

... I travelled on a bus with someone who did that and didn't get a wink of sleep because his snoring!

#3 Posted: 19/6/2010 - 06:33

• rachelle23

Joined Travelfish
    8th June, 2010

If you want to bring medicines with you in travel, make sure to bring its receipt where you brought it.

#4 Posted: 28/6/2010 - 11:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.