Health and safety forum

Fentanyl & other Pain meds

• axact

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2010

Hi,
    I am currently in Thailand and am having great difficulty in getting my prescribed Fentanyl Patches. I have been to a hospital and they have to get a license to stock which they tell me could take months to get.
    I brought 3 months supply with me but wish to stay longer. Can anyone advise where I can buy Fentanyl or even morphine sulphate without a lot of problem within Asia.Tramadol is not an option.

I am happy to go and see a doctor/ hospital for a prescription and have paperwork from home to prove medication.

At the moment the only alternative I can see is to fly back to UK and get another 3 months supply but that would be a hassle.

I don't mind hopping on a plane if anyone can advise where I won't have a problem obtaining.

I recall from years ago Sri Lanka was no problem and I have heard India is similar, anyone have recent experience or can anyone one confirm or suggest somewhere nearer to Thailand ?

Any assistant gratefully received.
    David

#1 Posted: 10/12/2010 - 10:40

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

Have you tried contacting Janssen Pharmaceuticals?

Janssen Pharmaceutica Limited
    1550 Grand Amarin Tower 11th Floor
    Bangkok 10310
    Thailand
    Tel: (66) 22070252
    Web Site: www.janssen.com

#2 Posted: 10/12/2010 - 21:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.