Health and safety forum

Waxing availability in SE Asia??? Question for Ladies.

• phishsticks

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2011

My Girlfriend and I will be in SE Asia, for 3 months. She asked me to inquire about waxing possibilities on our trip. In Southern Thailand we will probably be going to (but not limited to) : Bangkok, Krabi town, Tonsai (railay), Phi Phi, Ko Yoa Noi, and in Laos we will probably be going from South to North through: 4000 isl. Pakse, Konglor, Vientiane, Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang. She'll only need to get waxed two or three times. Is there waxing available in Southern Thailand? or in Loas? How much does it cost? The MAIN QUESTION is should she bring her own wax or not? (for her own wax she needs a microwave) Are there microwaves available for use along the way ?

Thank you ahead of time ladies for your help.

#1 Posted: 11/11/2011 - 04:00

• Advertisement

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

My girlfriend also waxes. You can get it done at most tourist oriented towns. For example, up here in Chiang Mai, Brazilian is about 450 and legs are 250 I believe. Not to worry about this, there are plenty of places!

#2 Posted: 22/11/2011 - 02:02

• shaydan_01

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2009
    Location Australia

Basically what whardy said. I can't comment on Laos or Cambodia, although I am sure that it would be available in main tourist areas in Cambodia at least, but I had no problem finding places throughout Thailand and Vietnam for waxing. Most salons offer the service for a pretty good price, and there are tones of places on the tourist beaches in the south that provide every girly service imaginable. I definitely wouldn't bother bringing wax from home, if worse came to worse you could most likely buy it from a Tesco-Lotus in any of the larger towns in Thailand.

#3 Posted: 22/11/2011 - 02:25

• shaydan_01

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2009
    Location Australia

Basically what whardy said. I can't comment on Laos or Cambodia, although I am sure that it would be available in main tourist areas in Cambodia at least, but I had no problem finding places throughout Thailand and Vietnam for waxing. Most salons offer the service for a pretty good price, and there are tones of places on the tourist beaches in the south that provide every girly service imaginable. I definitely wouldn't bother bringing wax from home, if worse came to worse you could most likely buy it from a Tesco-Lotus in any of the larger towns in Thailand.

#4 Posted: 22/11/2011 - 02:26

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yeah, don't bring your own: rooms don't tend to come equipped with microwaves! Waxing is common in Thailand and threading's another option. I'm not too sure about Laos either but I assume it's easy enough to find in the big towns - just don't save it until you get to 4,000 islands as you might be dissapointed there.

#5 Posted: 22/11/2011 - 07:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Question for the Ladies... Gentlemen Don't Bother ... By justdroppingby on 25 Aug 2009 24 13879 21 Jun 2013
Hair Extensions in Bangkok - Ladies Question! ... By drewebear on 15 May 2013 3 3578 19 Jun 2013
Availability of English language reading materials in SE Asia ... By ms1892 on 2 Apr 2010 2 3309 3 Apr 2010