Health and safety forum

Safety in Thailand

• dangernoodle

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2012

I've recently been planning a trip to Thailand this summer with a good friend of mine. We have our itinerary, budget, and flights all set up. The only problem is her parents seem to think that Thailand is the most dangerous place on Earth for some reason.

How can I show them that this is far from the truth. I know that the people of Thailand are some of the friendliest people. It is the land of smiles. I would love any help via articles, blogs, personal experiences etc.

Thank You!!

#1 Posted: 17/4/2012 - 14:16

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Thailand is very safe, you can find all the info you need by doing a google search... but then again no country is without risks and dangers... my train hit a car in Thailand, but this could happen in any country... motorbike accidents are quite common... your biggest worry - the scams in Bangkok - :) But they are easy to avoid...

#2 Posted: 17/4/2012 - 14:33

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Just point them to this forum and let them see how many happily travel through Thailand without incident.

#3 Posted: 17/4/2012 - 14:45

• dangernoodle

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2012

Thanks guys

It will help a lot for them to see these responses from people have been there. I think they are just nervous about letting their daughter travel half way around the world. :)

#4 Posted: 17/4/2012 - 14:55

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Check out my FB group as well... link below...

also http://www.facebook.com/travelfish

#5 Posted: 17/4/2012 - 15:26

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I think they are just nervous about letting their daughter travel half way around the world

In that case, it probably wouldn't matter where she went... they would always be concerned for her!

#6 Posted: 17/4/2012 - 18:12

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Tell them you've changed your mind, that they are right, and you rebooked for the Democractic Republic of Congo.

#7 Posted: 18/4/2012 - 11:18

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

Too funny Madmac LOL

#8 Posted: 18/4/2012 - 17:46

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

"sometimes some visitors were getting problems due to some problems"

I realize English is your second language, so I'm not busting on you really. But I had to laugh when I read that.

I asked a Thai friend of mine how her father died and she said he was "Mai Sabai". I said no kidding. Most people who die are.

#9 Posted: 24/4/2012 - 08:13

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Just don't disrespect the King and that includes putting your foot on a note which you dropped in a breeze.Other than that Thailand is pretty safe.
    Mind you you wouldn't believe it walking around Koh San Road.You can buy Mace,Tazers,knuckledusters and combat knives.

#10 Posted: 24/4/2012 - 09:54

• Advertisement

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

Madmac....Maybe he was just Mai Sabai. We had an old man that died a couple of years ago in a neighboring village. Put him in the box and and 2 1/2 days later he was taken to the forest for the burning ritual. He woke up. LOL From what I hear, scared everybody. I started teaching the wife how to take my pulse after that.

#11 Posted: 24/4/2012 - 19:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.