Health and safety forum

Antimalarials into Singapore?

• lylzezane01

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2012
    Location Australia

Hi all,

I will be travelling with doxycycline from Melbourne to Singapore and to Phnom Penh. This isnt a transit flight, and I will be leaving the airport, spending possibly a week in singapore.

I have many left from my last trip so buying them isn't a problem. I'm just a bit worried if I need any papers or anything taking them into Singapore? They have crazy laws and I dont want to be imprisoned!

So does anyone have any idea on the topic? I tried to read up about it but I didn't get very far... Please help!

#1 Posted: 11/9/2012 - 03:50

• Advertisement

• cottonwool

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2012

You should be fine! I'm an exchange student in Singapore for the year, and when we travelled here from Heathrow some of us had about 350-400 Doxycyline tablets each, to last for the year, and had no problem getting them through. Don't think we were even asked about them!

#2 Posted: 12/9/2012 - 05:57

• lylzezane01

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2012
    Location Australia

Awesome thanks!

#3 Posted: 16/9/2012 - 01:51

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Just keep the tablets in the original packaging.

#4 Posted: 16/9/2012 - 04:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.