Health and safety forum

Pregnant and travelling to Phuket

• mippymelbou-
    rne

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2008

Hi, I am planning a family and may well be pregnant by the time May comes around when I'll be travelling to Phuket. Is there anything I should look out for, not do, eat etc? Cheers!

#1 Posted: 15/1/2008 - 13:48

• Advertisement

• Guernseystu

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I understand that you're not actually pregnant yet so it seems like you may be jumping the gun rather?

Phuket would be an ideal place to travel when pregnant as many Western products, Western food and Western style toilets are widely available. However Thailand would be one of the best countries in the world for a woman with really strange cravings as there are so many weird things to eat. You'll be four months pregnant (if you're quick!) by the time that you arrive so physically you should be fine but bear in mind that May is perhaps the hottest month in Thailand and the Monsoon season will be just around the corner so humidity levels may also be quite high.

#2 Posted: 15/1/2008 - 22:47

• mippymelbou-
    rne

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2008

Thanks Guernseystu for your advice. I've booked an air conditioned room due to the weather conditions in May. As for food, I eat vegetarian so I shouldn't go too wrong either. Here's hoping to four months!

#3 Posted: 16/1/2008 - 06:04

• Guernseystu

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007

I'm also a vegetarian and there are loads of great vegetarian shops in Phuket Town. There are two in particular that I would recommend on Ranong Road opposite Kajon Rangsun Temple.

#4 Posted: 16/1/2008 - 10:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.