Health and safety forum

Dental Work

• JacknKel

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2009

Hi There i have been researching having my teeth fixed & whitened it BKK (Sounds precious but im not). Can anyone tell me if I am being silly relying on BKK Dentist to fix my teeth at a 1/3rd of the Aussie costs? Are they safe health wise. any help would be appreciated. thx

#1 Posted: 6/8/2009 - 19:58

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

JacknKel

The price is good (by Oz standards), many report good outcomes. The 6:30 gossip shows on 7 & 9 oft have dentists telling the audience how bad the outcomes are in SE Asia.

I'm not a dentist, I'm not a defender of Australian dentistry. Nor an advocate of SE Asian skills.

The question really should be if anything went wrong, how much do you value your personal health/dental outcomes. That is, what price is reasonable for good dentistry?.

Only you can answer that question.

cheers

#2 Posted: 6/8/2009 - 20:08

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Funny second dentistry question today. I've had a plate made in Bangkok no problems and many, many other friends have used Bangkok dentistry without problem.

I've been struggling to find the business card for the dentist I used but I know he was on the ground floor of the Diethelm Building on Wireless Rd in Bangkok -- Google Diethelm Travel Bangkok and you'll see where the building is -- he was called the Prosthodentist or something like that... I'll try and find the card. He was trained in the US. No complaints at all. I think there is a big dentistry hospital (rather than a private practise mentioned above) -- I can ask around for more details if you want -- let me know.

As an aside, I'd go as far as to say I'd prefer Thailand over Oz for just about any kind of medical care -- not only on a cost basis but also on a service basis. Really -- Hospitals in Bangkok -- eg Samitivej and Bamrungrad are top notch.

Cheers!

PS Thailand is a pretty good place to recuperate in too!

#3 Posted: 6/8/2009 - 20:23

• JacknKel

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2009

thank you so much for the info, i have been looking at www.bangkokdentalcenter.com

they seem ok but i will probably ask for testimonials/references?

somtam2000 i would love some contact info if you can find it pls.

cheers kel

#4 Posted: 10/8/2009 - 11:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Dental work in Cambodia ... By talexev on 9 Feb 2008 0 3746 25 May 2009
Medical, Cosmetic, and Dental Work in Thailand ... By yippie65 on 4 Aug 2013 6 1503 5 Aug 2013