Insurance forum

Travel Insurance - SE Asia & Australia...HELP !!!

• kgroarke

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2011

Me an My Girlfriend (both of Irish Nationality) have been living in London for the last two years and are geting travel insurance for a 3.5 month trip around SE Asia....

but we are not sure whether or not we would need travel Insurance (mainly concerned about the medical side) for our onward trip to Australia for a year....

is it neceesary if there is a reciprocal health agreement between uk/oz or Eire/Oz in place ??

also would i be regarded as being a UK citizen ?? and as my girlfriend has only lived in London for a year and a half would this mean she is a UK citizen or Irish Citizen for the purposes of availing of the free healthcare should ww need it...

Would you need to prove citizenship in Australia should we need to get medical treatment..?

Has anyone had to make this decision before with simialar nationality/citizenship etc. ...please help !!!!

#1 Posted: 27/3/2011 - 20:52

• Advertisement

• carolinesar-
    ah

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2012

I would think you'd prove your citizenship according to what your passport is? If yous have Irish passports and are taking these with you these might be used as proof and therefore you'd be classed as Irish. That's what I would think anyway

#2 Posted: 2/8/2012 - 19:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
SE Asia Travel Insurance ... By leosuc on 23 Jan 2008 20 10201 16 May 2013