Insurance forum

Insure and Go Travel Insurance ??!!

• kgroarke

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2011

Trying to find a decent type of travel insurance in the UK for 1 years cover for a couple.. travelling through Asia and Australia

Any suggestions for a reliable but reasonably priced Insurance company ???

Been looking at ‘Insure and Go’.. but heard some bad reviews... has anyone used this before ?

I was also recommended Columbus and a few others but ive found there quite expensive

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Also does anyone know what you have to do to show you are a UK Citizen as I am of Irish Nationality but have been living in London for 2 years

#1 Posted: 30/3/2011 - 19:33

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11

Posted from within Vietnam.

I booked my original insurance with Insure & Go. I made 2 claims for theft of baggage and neither were successful BUT if I'm honest, I didn't comply with their regulations (not my fault in the first instance - you try getting a police report in China!) so I doubt any company would have paid out. Still, I tried! So I can't tell you if they were any good or not regarding claims but they did allow me to extend whilst away (to 18 months) and to add on a new computer (for a fee), so I thought they were quite flexible and helpful.

I then insured for a few months with World Nomad as they are one of the only ones to insure you once you have left your country of origin, but they were expensive - though very good I hear (from Travelfish!). Note that if they lump Asia in with US and Canada so make sure you click the right button for countries as I messed up on this!

I then travelled back to the UK for a holiday so was able to get insured through Primary Insurance because Which? recommends them (and my mum swears by Which?!). They were about 30 pounds cheaper than Columbus for what looked like a similar level of cover. www.primaryinsurance.co.uk.

I didn't have to provide any evidence of my UK citizenship.

#2 Posted: 31/3/2011 - 19:46

• dasankita

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2011

HI,
    Travelling with peace of mind is better than keep our mind stressful while travelling. Travel insurance is must to keep us away from any risk. Try to search out through internet. You will get lots of options over there. Even you will be glad to use comparison sites which helps you to get the suitable one according to your requirements.

#3 Posted: 13/5/2011 - 13:36

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Once I replace my stuff I'm going to insure it...

#4 Posted: 13/5/2011 - 14:24

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

I've used Insure and Go travel insurance three years in a row, including both times I've gone to SE Asia, but I haven't had to claim so far...so I guess I can't really tell you how good they actually are! From what the policy says though, they're one of the best value for money in terms of good cover for a cheap price with low excess, and that's why I've always chosen them. I think World Nomads probably are really good, but the cost is just too high for me and I think Insure and Go is a good alternative. Just make sure if you lose something or have something stolen you get a police report, and then i'm sure they'll pay out?

#5 Posted: 18/5/2011 - 03:17

• kirsten87

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2011
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

i've used insure and go before and had to make a claim when a rucksack of mine was stolen in peru. i got a police report right away (i think for any claims you need to do this within 24 hours) and after several emails between myself and insure and go where they basically asked for futher information about how exactly my bag got stolen etc my claim was successful. i guess they hope that people will just get fed up with all the questions they keep asking and that they will give up on the claim and they wont have to pay up.

i have also had to make a claim with STA travel and they were a bit less hassle. still needed the police report but once i had made the claim my money was sent to me pretty quickly!

#6 Posted: 18/5/2011 - 05:13

• cliona

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2011

Hi,
    I recommend you to find insurance companies using internet. It is the only way from which you can find suitable insurance company for you. Initially you choose some companies of your choice and then for each company read feedback and reviews of people.I'm sure it'll definitely help you out.

#7 Posted: 12/10/2011 - 20:05

• tiffany01

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2014

You have taken a good decision. I think travel insurance essential while you are traveling abroad. As far i know UK government provide two kinds of insurance for foreigners if they stay more than one years. You can try for travel insurance or health insurance. By searching on internet you will get more information about it.

#8 Posted: 5/4/2014 - 23:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.