Photo: Wear a helmet and be picky with your bridges.

Insurance forum

Travel Insurance Companies

Posted by melee75 on 11/6/2011 at 17:10

So I got a quote from Nomad for travel insurance = $180 for two months.

Is it really worth it?

Does anyone else have any other companies they use that are cheaper but still reliable?

Thanks,
Mike

#1 melee75 has been a member since 25/5/2011. Posts: 15

Posted by rledez1990 on 12/6/2011 at 02:26

Hi there,
I've used a UK travel company called Insure and Go- don't think that you can use them from other companies but they're demonstrative of the fact that there ARE other companies which a good and cheaper. Myself and my boyfriend were quoted £105 between us for 6 weeks, or £100 for 12 months (we went for the 12 months). Obviously it might be different where you are, but its worth dedicating a couple of hours to trawling through the sites on google just in case. $180 (if USD) is about £110 and in my experience that's at the very top end of the price range! Obviously you need a policy that has adequate cover, but you should certainly be able to find something cheaper than that!

#2 rledez1990 has been a member since 12/3/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 106
 Twitter 

Posted by SBE on 9/7/2011 at 19:00

Do you work for Liberty Insurance by any chance vuongha?

World Escapade used to be good, would have recommended them but they got way too greedy.

#3 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,004
 Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.