Insurance forum

Travel Insurance Companies

• melee75

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011

So I got a quote from Nomad for travel insurance = $180 for two months.

Is it really worth it?

Does anyone else have any other companies they use that are cheaper but still reliable?

Thanks,
    Mike

#1 Posted: 11/6/2011 - 17:10

• Advertisement

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hi there,
    I've used a UK travel company called Insure and Go- don't think that you can use them from other companies but they're demonstrative of the fact that there ARE other companies which a good and cheaper. Myself and my boyfriend were quoted £105 between us for 6 weeks, or £100 for 12 months (we went for the 12 months). Obviously it might be different where you are, but its worth dedicating a couple of hours to trawling through the sites on google just in case. $180 (if USD) is about £110 and in my experience that's at the very top end of the price range! Obviously you need a policy that has adequate cover, but you should certainly be able to find something cheaper than that!

#2 Posted: 12/6/2011 - 02:26

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Do you work for Liberty Insurance by any chance vuongha?

World Escapade used to be good, would have recommended them but they got way too greedy.

#3 Posted: 9/7/2011 - 19:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.