Insurance forum

Anyone use Travel Guard?

• glomer

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

This is the insurance offered by Vayama. It looks decent for my 2-week trip to Java, and is less than half of what I paid last year with Nationwide Mutual. Any experiences?

#1 Posted: 6/10/2011 - 00:52

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I used Travel Guard once and was pleased with the coverage offered for the price. It seems to me that the cost of travel policies for trips under 30 days was particularly good. BUT, I didn't need to file a claim with this company so can't say how well they do honoring claims. Regards.

#2 Posted: 6/10/2011 - 02:13

• glomer

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

Thanks for your feedback, Exacto!

#3 Posted: 6/10/2011 - 02:29

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004
    Total reviews: 45

We've used Travel Guard a few times, but switched to Travelex last trip for some reason for which I am now at a loss as to why. I think they may have offered a better payout on their "cancel for any reason" added clause, we were headed to Myanmar right after elections and wanted to be sure we could cancel up to the last minute for whatever reason might emerge.

Travel Guard is a solid company, underwritten by the National Union Fire Company, who carry an A rating from A.M. Best: "which is assigned to companies that, in the opinion of A. M. Best, have an excellent ability to meet their ongoing financial obligations to policyholders"

Thankfully we have never had to file a claim, but I would certainly be confident in Travel Guard as an insurer.

#4 Posted: 6/10/2011 - 23:09

• glomer

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

Thanks, Cunning, that is really excellent--and reassuring--information.

#5 Posted: 7/10/2011 - 02:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.