Insurance forum

insurance with a break in travel

• lucyb11

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2011

i am travelling to south east asia and australia from november to april . I have to come back to the u.k for a three week break but then plan on heading back out to oz again in may . If I got a backpacker insurance policy ,would it cover me for coming back to the u.k and leaving again ?
    Can anyone recommend any company that would cover that? or would i be best just to get a 6 month option to cover me until april , any ideas welcome?!

#1 Posted: 29/10/2011 - 23:37

• Advertisement

• KirstyB

Click here to learn more about KirstyB
    Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 200

I did have a policy that allowed just that but annoyingly I can't remember which company - however it would have been either ACE or World Nomads as I've only had cover with those companies over those past few years. I just had a quick look at their websites but couldn't see it mentioned though, so maybe it's something they've withdrawn. It would be worth checking their policy fine print in more detail though or giving them a call as it was definitely one or the other.

Failing that you could try calling BIBA (the British Insurance Brokers Association) and telling them your requirements. They should be able to suggest a company or companies that offer what you're looking for and saves a lot of phone calls.

#2 Posted: 30/10/2011 - 12:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.