Insurance forum

Insurance Company in Germany

• tinab

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2013

Hello everyone.

I am going to visit Germany for two months and I have everything done on my checklist except the Health Insurance. Can anyone tell me if I need a helath insurance during my stay in Berlin. I am going to travel after two days so please tell me asap. Looking for help

#1 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 16:32

• Advertisement

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Do you have health insurance in your home country? Ask them if you are covered overseas. If not check out World Nomads.

#2 Posted: 8/10/2013 - 17:06

• tinab

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2013

Thank you mattocmd,

I have checked on my health insurance company that I am subscribed and they do not cover my health insurance overseas. They referred me to check Mawista and another one Allianz for Germany Heath Insurance. Do you know if I have to purchase this health insurance before I go to Germany or when I arrive there.

#3 Posted: 9/10/2013 - 01:29

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

I'd call or email them and try to arrange it before you leave. That way if they cover baggage loss/protection you'll be covered.

#4 Posted: 9/10/2013 - 17:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.