Photo: Wear a helmet and be picky with your bridges.

Insurance forum

Insurance Company in Germany

Posted by tinab on 8/10/2013 at 16:32

Hello everyone.

I am going to visit Germany for two months and I have everything done on my checklist except the Health Insurance. Can anyone tell me if I need a helath insurance during my stay in Berlin. I am going to travel after two days so please tell me asap. Looking for help

#1 tinab has been a member since 2/10/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by mattocmd on 8/10/2013 at 17:06

Do you have health insurance in your home country? Ask them if you are covered overseas. If not check out World Nomads.

#2 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365

Posted by tinab on 9/10/2013 at 01:29

Thank you mattocmd,

I have checked on my health insurance company that I am subscribed and they do not cover my health insurance overseas. They referred me to check Mawista and another one Allianz for Germany Heath Insurance. Do you know if I have to purchase this health insurance before I go to Germany or when I arrive there.

#3 tinab has been a member since 2/10/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by mattocmd on 9/10/2013 at 17:09

I'd call or email them and try to arrange it before you leave. That way if they cover baggage loss/protection you'll be covered.

#4 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.