Insurance forum

TRAVELER'S INSURANCE??

• rsthomas

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2008

Hey there fellow adventurers. I wanted to know if you think traveler's insurance is realy necessary for a trip to Southeast Asia. I am backpacking for 3 months through, Indo, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.

If you do highly suggest traveler's insurance, could you please suggest a source that is cheap and well known and highly reputable? Thanks so much!

Ross

#1 Posted: 24/7/2008 - 23:48

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Ross,

I think the short answer is yes. There are several types of coverage for everything from lost cash to trip delays to stolen cameras, but for us the real peace of mind came with the health insurance coverage in case we got sick and the medivac coverage in case we got really sick someplace out of the way. Based on your plans, I'd say you'd at least want to look into medivac coverage.

Check out the health and safety section in the feature articles area. There is one article with health and safety tips that discusses travel insurance and another dedicated entirely to the 10 things to ponder when purchasing travel insurance. This will more than get you started.

Several insurance companies limit sales to folks from or travelling to certain countries. Under which passport will you be travelling? Cheers.

#2 Posted: 25/7/2008 - 07:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.