am new to this forum....
    i dont have any idea about what is travel insurance and how it works
    any information for starters....

#1 Posted: 10/11/2011 - 03:33

• Advertisement

• kets590

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2011

Travel Insurance is very essential fact in nowadays. If we are planning a particular trip, it recommends getting travel insurance to help us to travel safely. World Nomads travel insurance covers a range of adventure activities such as skiing.

#2 Posted: 10/11/2011 - 04:22

• frasmc

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2005
    Total reviews: 3

If you are Canadian, then TravelCUTS offers very affordable quality insurance in partnership with RBC.

Travel insurance comes in a variety of types to cover different situations. Most essential is health insurance, so that you are not stuck with massive hospital bills in the event of an accident or illness while abroad. Also important is cancellation insurance, which covers the non refundable portion of your travel plans in the event of a situation resulting in the cancellation or interruption of your trip (things like a family emergency, house being broken into, car crash on the way to the airport, etc). Finally, some people like to have personal goods and baggage insurance in case their things are stolen during their trip. Policies are usually bundled, so that you can 1, 2 , or all 3 types of coverage in a single plan. Health insurance is essential, and cancellation also very important and typically not a huge increase in price, but baggage tends to increase the cost of a policy quite significantly. Personally I buy only health and cancellation insurance and am simply careful to secure my valuables.

#3 Posted: 10/11/2011 - 23:07

• renald

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2011

thanks for your replies. Travel insurance plays a major role and everyone needs to have it while their travelling. Is it same for all travelling modes or they differ?

#4 Posted: 10/11/2011 - 23:41

• renald

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2011

I am planning for adventerous trip to the UK. So how and where can I get travel insurance? Are any documents required....

#5 Posted: 16/11/2011 - 22:29

• RickWarren

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2012

Travel insurance is short-term insurance available specifically against travel-related emergencies and expenses. International travellers will almost always want to obtain travel insurance because it covers medical expenses, but even other travellers may find it useful depending on their plans. Purchase travel insurance for international trips through an insurer in your country of residence.

Thanks a lot.
    Rick Warren

#6 Posted: 21/1/2012 - 08:07

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I recommend travel insurance...

But... shop around... I used WorldNomads my last trip. Never had to make a claim. but I needed to extend 2 days, as they only let my buy for 3 months at the beginning, but I couldn't. I only had the option of extending a week, which I didn't need. I've given them over 600$ in the past few yrs and they couldn't extend me for two days. So it cost $285 for 3 months and they were asking $77 for a one week extension? - Which makes no sense. I'd written them several times and they keep stating rules and regulations. Imagine how complicated it would be if I had to make an actual claim.

In the end I did not extend my insurance for the 2 xtra days, I took the risk...

#7 Posted: 9/4/2012 - 08:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.