Travel with kids forum

Kid stuff to do in VTE,VV,LP,CM,BKK,...

• GermanCoast-
    girl

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2011

Wow, can you actually believe that I posted in here almost a year ago and now there is only 3 weeks left until departure??

Well, time went by really quick and my itinery is set, some hotels prebooked and the route pretty comfortable to be travelled with a 5year-old.

Now it comes to finetuning and I could need some advise on what to do with a kid in Vientiane, VangVieng (no, no tubing, just observing) and Luang Prabang.... anything really great that you remember? We'll definitely spend half of the vacation jumping into waterholes, visiting a few temples, riding on an Elephant (Patara Elephant Farm), beaching..... but still have enough time left, I suppose (besides relaxing and playing games...).
    Same with Chiang Mai, BKK, KohLanta and Koh YaoNoi.

Thanks so much for your experiences and ideas!!

Cheers, Birgit

#1 Posted: 13/1/2012 - 13:58

• Advertisement

• GermanCoast-
    girl

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2011

Hi All, it has been a year now that I posted and as you can guess, I have already done my wonderful trip in the meantime!! As no one replied, let me contribute my experiences...

We have had a great time EVERYWHERE and I can tell you that none of the places were NOT made for kids as well.
    Wats, Elephant trips, even Tubing, Caves, Waterfalls, even bus rides, .....

Check out my blog if you like to find more detailed informations: hasenhome-on-the-road.blogspot.de

Btw, our next plans are already forming: We will take a sabbatical in 2016 and do a one-year-trip around the world !!!

#2 Posted: 9/1/2013 - 06:51

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Thanks for the report back - even if it was a year later & happy planning for the next adventure. :)

#3 Posted: 9/1/2013 - 21:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.