Travel with kids forum

Travel with 10 month old - itinerary help!

• ambicoed

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2009

Hello all,

My husband and I are traveling for a month in SEA starting early November. We've booked a few legs on our trip and are looking to fill in our itinerary. We are traveling with our ten month old and just aren't sure which locations within specific regions would be best for him. We are intentionally not booking rooms/tours with deposits because we are aware that traveling with a baby needs to be kept flexible.

Luang Prabang - 11/10 - 11/16
    Is it feasible to travel with a baby to Nong Kiaow? On the boat or by bus? We have been to LP before and loved it, so definitely willing to stay here the entire time but wanted to explore our options for further excursions.

Hanoi - 11/17 -11/24
    We are interested in going to either Sa Pa or Ha Long Bay. Which would be better suited for traveling with a baby? Is it possible to do both?

The rest of the trip will be in Hoi An for five days and then on to Bali for a week. In Bali we will be in Sanur, Ubud and Amed. If anyone has any insight into these locations, that would be great as well.

Also, are there any specific medical issues/concerns we should be aware of?

Thank you in advance!

#1 Posted: 4/10/2012 - 14:48

• Advertisement

• ToddlersOnT-
    our

Click here to learn more about ToddlersOnTour
    Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2012
    Location Australia

Hi,

You sound like you have the right idea about being flexible.

Just remember to take with you chidlrens': sunscreen, insect repellent and paracetamol. I would also take formula for milk (if your not breastfeeding) and choose one that has a pro-biotic to help with any gut issues.

Here in Australia there is a great range of Homeopathic remedies from Brauers they offer: teething relief, cold flu, and stomach calm. Try to locate something similar. My son responded really well to all their products.

Remember to declare all medical supplies.

#2 Posted: 18/10/2012 - 05:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
2 Month Travel itinerary - Advice ... By ljp on 14 Jul 2014 3 610 20 Jul 2014